Well, it only seems right that I do a little post so that anyone who reads my posts (probably no one), knows a little bit more about myself. It would have made more sense to make this my first post, but I just couldn’t contain my excitement about Paris that it took priority.
1) Even though it’s made pretty obvious, my name is Holly. The point I’m making here is that there’s a reason I was named Holly when I was born, and no I didn’t just come into the world like every other child and have my mum say “she looks like a Holly”…I was named after my mum’s favourite male singer – Holly Johnson from Frankie Goes to Hollywood, so there’s a bit of history behind my name for you to digest.
2) I’m a Psychology student, currently in my Honours year (4th and final) of university. That’s right, in about 8 months I’ll have completed my degree and graduated, as long as everything goes according to plan from now until then. Slightly terrifying. You know when people get annoyed because they’re constantly being bombarded with questions about what they want to do with their life, I’m in that category of people, I still don’t know. Masters degree? Who knows. I guess we’ll need to check back in, in a year’s time and see where I’m at in life.
3) I love cocktails, that’s not to say I drink all the time because I don’t, but when I do I’m partial to a cocktail or two. I always feel like a right classy lady with a cocktail in hand, alongside all of the grown up chat that follows. A few of my favourites are a Pornstar Martini, Grey Goose Le Fizz, and Um Bongo. Anything sweet, and not too alcohol tasting is right up my street.
4) I attend far too many concerts, although recently concert life has been on the quiet side. Music is my escape. There’s nothing better than being in an arena surrounded by the most incredible atmosphere, with people who share the same musical interest, watching your favourite artist or band enter the stage, and forgetting about all of life’s stresses. I’ll go see the same concert 2, 3, maybe even 4 times, I’ll travel to a different city for a band that’s already doing dates in my own city. It’s just my thing.
5) My favourite movie is The Notebook, I’m a sucker for love stories, and even in real life I’m a hopeless romantic, someone who needs constant attention and affection, or maybe that just makes me high maintenance? Noah and Allie’s love story is one of a kind, and I could watch this movie countless times and still get worked up over it. Also, thanks to Nicholas Sparks for the baby name inspiration, because if I ever have a son he’s going to be called Noah.
6) Going on holiday is quite possibly my favourite thing ever. Don’t get me wrong, I like Scotland, but I’d much rather live anywhere else but here. Each time I go abroad, it only further confirms why I want to start a life in the sun. Places I tend to go on holiday are Spain, the Canary Islands, Greece or Portugal, but now that I’m getting older, despite loving a “lying by the pool for a week” kind of holiday, I want to explore more of the world and be a real tourist. Some of the places on my bucket list to travel to are: Amsterdam, Iceland, Dublin, Berlin, Croatia, Poland, America, Australia, and so the list goes on.
7) “What’s your favourite food?” is quite possibly the hardest question I could be asked, whether it be Indian, Chinese, or Italian, I’ll eat, I’m a major foodie. If I have to choose, I’d say Italian, there’s nothing better than arancini, risotto milanese, or spaghetti carbonara to get those stomach muscles going. Also, I’m not the type of girl for sharing food, so if I do happen to ever share food with someone then I must really love them.
8) In response to my last point, yes I’m a big eater, but I’m also the fussiest eater ever. I’m not a fan of fruit or vegetables, I have to alter my order at restaurants because I just want a “plain burger”, but don’t judge me, I’m still great company.
9) I have quite a few “claim to fame” moments. This was one of those things I was going to avoid mentioning, but would this really be a post about me if I didn’t mention it? Here goes…I’ve been on stage with my favourite band The Vamps in front of 13,000 people, I’ve been in Ariana Grande’s car, I’ve met Justin Bieber in his London hotel room back in 2012, and I’ve also met the likes of Usher, Demi Lovato, 5 Seconds of Summer, Rixton, Tori Kelly, Sam Smith and a few others.
10) I have an obsession with pugs, it’s actually getting quite out of hand, I don’t think I’ll be satisfied until I actually get one of my own. It’d have to be male, and I’d name him Archie.